Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Frugal Plan for October

This week I went to CVS with my CVS rewards card and spent $4oop (out of pocket) and got about $65 worth of items. (I go to CVS every week so I will start sharing what I got and how much I spent and saved each week with pictures.)
I purchased:
1 Gillette Fusion Power Razor for my DH
1 Cover Girl foundation
1 Cover Girl Pressed Powder
2 Cover Girl Lipsticks
1 Frebreeze Noticeables Starter Kit
1 small can of Gillette Shave Gel for my DH
1 Bottle of Dawn Renewal Dish Soap
1 Ambi Face Scrub
2 Kids Colgate Toothpaste
1 Sunsilk Shampoo
1 Sunsilk Conditioner

I then went on the same day (Monday) to get my FREE movie rental from Redbox (go to redbox.com to see if there is one near you). As you all know with 10yr girls and a new baby going to the movies is not easy so watching a FREE movie at home and eating popcorn and hanging with my family is the best it gets! (This saves us over $50 just by doing it at home instead of at the movies...we fix popcorn in our popcorn popper, get soda, and a sweet snack and sit in our comfy living room together as a family)

So those are the more obvious things that saves us money. We have started a monthly meal plan for dinners and allow for 1 night to order Pizza and 1 night to go Out to Eat. This has already saved us lots of money because we are all about going out to eat and ordering pizza because its easy. When we started doing this last month and I have lost over 5lbs in the last month just by sticking to our meal plan and making at home healthy home cooked meals for my family! So we are saving money by not going out (except our 2 nights for the month) and well 5lbs off my body means Im healthier and means Im less likey to get sick which leads to more money out of our pocket.

There will be more to come as the month goes along and I will be back to share. Share with me ways your family is being Frugal this month!

No comments: